Texas A&M Cycling Training Schedule
Even if “scheduled”, all rides are announced on the Slack beforehand to verify.
- All road rides depart from Academic Flagpole.
- All mountain bike rides meet at Lake Bryan or Millican Reserve.
- The team requires that all riders wear a helmet for all team rides.
- Times of departure may vary as daylight hours change, so look out for day-of announcements on all rides in the #Road and #Mountain Channels on the team Slack.
- Rides typically depart 5 minutes after the posted time.
- Other rides happen every day. Additional daily rides can be found on the team’s slack.
|Day & Time||Ride Leader||Ride Description|
|No drop women’s ride. Check Slack for time and route.|
Crit Practice or TNP
The crit practice consists of two 20 minute team oriented crit races. Meet at academic flagpole to ride out to the course.
Check slack for departure time and other details.
Wednesday Night Ride (WNR)
More intermediate level road ride. Includes multiple sprint sections with regroup points, and optional water stops. Departs from academic plaza flagpole. Check Slack for start time.
Mountain Bike Ride
|Braden Roeder||No drop mountain bike ride at Lake Bryan. Check Slack for time and other details.|
Friday Night Fun Ride (FFR)
Social road ride, any bike and any skill level is welcome! This is a no drop ride, so the group will go as slow as the slowest rider. Departs from Academic Plaza flagpole. Check Slack for start time.
Longer adept level road ride. Route varies week to week, and is generally announced the day before. Usually has a turnoff option for a 30-40 mile ride, and a full 60-100 mile ride. We usually make a few water stops, and the pace can vary depending on who shows up. Departs from Academic Flagpole. Check Slack for start time.
Example ride: https://www.strava.com/routes/2873729399708931032
Academic Flagpole: https://goo.gl/maps/sfesPrEeB2Q899sU9
Chuy’s Parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/ZZMP49Z2HMu1tNZS9
Lake Bryan: https://goo.gl/maps/WEyCXKxvqk73dTpVA
*Note: It is REQUIRED to bring a helmet and recommended that you bring the following items with you for each ride: flat kit (tubes/patch kit, CO2/pump, and tire tools), water, money (cash/credit card), ID, health insurance information, and cell phone.
Other Rides in Town
• Road Rides around Bryan/College Station
• Mountain Rides around Bryan/College Station
• Lake Bryan Ph#: (979) 361-0861