Texas A&M Cycling Training Schedule
Even if “scheduled”, all rides are announced on the Slack beforehand to verify.
- All road rides depart from Lot 58.
- All mountain bike rides meet at Lake Bryan or Millican Reserve.
- The team requires that all riders wear a helmet for all team rides.
- Times of departure may vary as daylight hours change, so look out for day-of announcements on all rides in the #Road and #Mountain Channels on the team Slack.
- Rides typically depart 5 minutes after the posted time.
- Other rides happen every day. Additional daily rides can be found on the team’s slack.
|Day & Time||Ride Leader||Ride Description|
|Monday – 6:00 pm||Patrick Meador||A beginner level mountain bike ride that is a no drop ride. Departs at 6:00pm from Millican Reserve.|
Tuesday – Gone due to daylight savings
Take No Prisoners (TNP)
Advanced level “race simulation.” Steady pace out, 1 loop fast but friendly, 2 loops as a “race,” and regroup to ride back. Departs at 5:30pm on Tuesdays from Chuy’s Parking lot by Post Oak Mall.
Wednesday – 4:00 pm
Wednesday Night Ride (WNR)
More intermediate level road ride. Includes multiple sprint sections with regroup points, and optional water stops. Departs at 5:30pm on Wednesdays from Lot 58.
|Thursday – 5:30 pm||Cameron Olsen||Lake Bryan or Millican Reserve; friendly context|
Friday – 5:00 pm
Friday Night Fun Ride (FFR)
Social road ride, any bike and any skill level is welcome! This is a no drop ride, so the group will go as slow as the slowest rider. Departs at 6:00pm on Fridays from Lot 58.
Saturday – 8:45 am
Longer adept level road ride. Route varies week to week, and is generally announced the day before. Usually has a turnoff option for a 30-40 mile ride, and a full 60-100 mile ride. We usually make a few water stops, and the pace can vary depending on who shows up. Departs at 8:00am on Saturdays from Academic Flagpole.
Example ride: https://www.strava.com/routes/2873729399708931032
Very chill social ride that rolls around campus. Departs at sundown on Sundays from Academic Flagpole.
Academic Flagpole: https://goo.gl/maps/sfesPrEeB2Q899sU9
Chuy’s Parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/ZZMP49Z2HMu1tNZS9
Lake Bryan: https://goo.gl/maps/WEyCXKxvqk73dTpVA
*Note: It is REQUIRED to bring a helmet and recommended that you bring the following items with you for each ride: flat kit (tubes/patch kit, CO2/pump, and tire tools), water, money (cash/credit card), ID, health insurance information, and cell phone.
Other Rides in Town
• Road Rides around Bryan/College Station
• Mountain Rides around Bryan/College Station
• Lake Bryan Ph#: (979) 361-0861